Top 10 Most Important Ideas from Module 5
1. Design thinking is a more creative approach to problem solving, this allows students to think outside of their comfort zone to problem solve.
2. Design thinking uses both creativity and analysis giving students a taste of both sides of problem solving.
3. Some of the key principles behind design thinking include divergent thinking, user-centered, empathy, collaboration, integrated thinking, and experimental.
4. Student-centered learning approaches have the potential to help students gain motivation in the classroom by giving them more freedom when it comes to learning.
5. Scaffolding is using strategies to engage in and assist students self-centered learning such as support mechanisms or a variety of tools.
6. Building empowerment in the classroom is essential to providing a deep and meaningful learning experience.
7. There are so many ways we as teachers can build empowerment within our classroom, one fo these ways include letting students lead and take on conversation with their peers instead of it always being a student to teacher conversation.
8. Creative thinking is the act of coming up with new ideas where there may not be a correct answer to.
9. Creative thinking encourages students to think abstract thoughts and outside of the box with new ideas.
10. A creative classroom provides a safe space for students who want to take risks in their learning development.